Plant Care Highlights
- TD Bank
- Blue Cross
- Crombie Properties
- Scotia Bank
- Cadillac Fairview
- Mic Mac Mall
- Fortis Properties
- Steele Auto
In order to provide an appropriate design and quotation, it is essential one of our design professionals meet with the client to outline the various options available and determine a number of design details. These details include:
- Client preferences for planter style and colour
- Client preferences for plant type and varieties
- Special conditions the client wishes to incorporate into the design. These conditions include areas of importance for plantings, seasonal plantings, and fresh flower programs
- Lead time available
It is important to do an on-site analysis of existing and projected conditions to determine which plants and planters would be most appropriate. These conditions include:
- Light levels: Indoor plants vary significantly in their light requirements. Plant Care will measure natural and artificial light levels in the areas where planting is required and tailor the design to ensure that the specified plant will thrive.
- Climatic conditions: Indoor plants range from tropical to sub-tropical varieties and will have varying temperature sensitivities. Plant Care will identify areas with higher or lower temperatures and select appropriate plants for those conditions
- Traffic Patterns: An essential element in a successful plant design is that the plants enhance the space without being intrusive. Our designer will identify high traffic areas and only place plants where they will not impede the efficient movement of people
- Décor: It is important that the specified plants and planters compliment your décor. Designs will suggest colors and styles that enhance your decor and bring it to life
Based on information gathered during client consultation and site analysis, Plant Care will prepare a plan and quotation for the proposed plantscape. This plan is intended to provide the greatest impact for the most economical price.
Plant Care is the only Interior Plantscape firm in Nova Scotia to directly purchase product from Florida Nurseries. This allows us to have control over the quality of the plant material used in any project and realize substantial savings which are reflected in our pricing.
With 15,000 square feet of an environmentally controlled greenhouse located in Enfield, Nova Scotia, Plant Care is stocked to respond quickly to your plant requirements. We have the technical expertise to professionally install any project and with our specialized tools and equipment, Plant Care can install trees up to 45 feet tall, with a minimum of disruption to our clients.
Plant Care is uniquely qualified to carry out on-going plant maintenance. Our sub-irrigation system of watering removes plant stress caused by over or under watering. This results on a healthier plantscape and allows our technicians to spend more time dusting and grooming the plants. Clean, healthy plants are an essential component in any successful planting.
We use a rigorous inhouse training program for all Plant Care technicians to ensure that all our personnel are experts in maintenance techniques. All staff attend bi-monthly training sessions to keep them current with new plant varieties and technical information.
Maintenance of Live Plants:
- Watering: Monitor soil moisture levels and adjust to amount appropriate for plant species, light levels, temperature and humidity conditions.
- Grooming: Regular dusting and cleaning of all foliage. Trimming or removal of damaged or dead leaves. Rotation of plants for symmetrical growth. Pruning to promote dense growth and retain shape. Refresh or replace bark mulch as required. Clean planters to remove dirt or scuffs. Remove garbage or debris from planters.
- Insect Control: Monitor plants regularly for insect or disease infestation and treat with appropriate pesticide, biological or beneficial insect. Only the safest and most environmentally benign control methods are to be used.
- Fertilizing: Apply fertilizer in amounts appropriate to species and light conditions. Fertilizer formulation to be appropriate to season.
- Guarantee: Replace and plant which has substantially diminished in appearance and no longer fulfills its aesthetic purpose. Guarantee does not include excessive heat or cold, vandalism, unsolicited care, movement without PLANT CARE’s consent or Acts of God.
Did you know?
We can supply stylish, contemporary and vibrant plant displays that will transform your office at a price you can afford.
Plants have been proven to improve employee productivity and morale as well as providing a cost effective way to improve indoor air quality.
Our guaranteed maintenance offers you peace of mind by protecting your investment and ensuring your plants always look picture perfect.
Plant Care purchases its plants direct from the finest Florida nurseries. This ensures you the highest quality, fully acclimated plants available at competitive prices.
Our discriminating clients have made Plant Care the largest Interior Plantscape company in the Maritimes for over 30 years.
Plants are one of the least expensive and most effective ways to improve your décor. Let Plant Care show you how to bring the beauty of plants to your workspace at a surprisingly reasonable price.
Plant Care's trained Horticultural Service Technicians are committed to delivering quality.
Our stunning designs, quality installations and exceptional service have proven to be a winning combination.